- Explain the key points of each of the important basic Ruby data types.
- Be able to reference Ruby Docs in order to determine what an object’s method does.
- Speak to a few common methods for each data type.
5 min - Warm up / Move to groups 20 min - Ruby Docs Overview / Task overview 5 min - Break 25 min - Work in Groups 5 min - Break 25 min - Presentations 5 min - Break 25 min - Instructor Recap
Key Points - Strings
- Any text in quotes.
- Double quotes or single quotes so long as they match.
- Some key methods, length, chars, upcase, downcase, capitalize, 
Key Points - Arrays
- Ordered list
- Holds many things.
- Can hold nothing
- Key methods - length, join, push, pop, 
Key Points - Hashes
- Also known as a dictionary
- It has a key and value setup
- Key methods - values, keys,