A business is only as smart as its data. Let’s build a system to manage our data and execute business intelligence queries against the data from a typical e-commerce business.
- Use tests to drive both the design and implementation of code
- Decompose a large application into components
- Design a solution that is functional, readable, maintainable, and testable
- Learn an agile approach to building software
- One team member forks the repository here and adds the other(s) as collaborators.
- Everyone on the team clones the repository
- Setup SimpleCov to monitor test coverage along the way
- Setup Hound CI
- Create a Rakefile
This project will require you to be running version 2.3.x of Ruby. This will get you used to working in an older version of Ruby and you will learn how to work with different versions of Rubies using rbenv.
Documentation for rbenv can be found here
This project will be assessed with the help of a spec harness. The
README.md file includes instructions for setup and usage. Note that the spec harness is not a replacement for your own test suite.
From a technical perspective, this project will emphasize:
- File I/O
- Database Operations (CRUD)
- Encapsulating Responsibilities
- Light data / analytics
Project Iterations and Base Expectations
Because the requirements for this project are lengthy and complex, we’ve broken them into Iterations in their own files. Your project must implement iterations 0 through 3 and either 4 or 5.
- Iteration 0 - Merchants & Items
- Iteration 1 - Beginning Relationships and Business Intelligence
- Iteration 2 - Basic Invoices
- Iteration 3 - Item Sales
- Iteration 4 - Merchant Analytics
- Iteration 5 - Customer Analytics
Your project will be assessed using this rubric