In Module 2, we expand upon fundamental Ruby skills by building database-backed web applications in Sinatra and Rails. Through group projects, we explore best practices in agile project management and collaboration. By the end of this module, students will be comfortable creating basic Rails web applications.
A breakdown of the curriculum taught in Module 2 can be found here.
Additional resources are provided, and we encourage students to review this material with classmates and mentors.
Homework is self-paced, some will have due dates. Students are expected to hand in all assessed homework by their due date.
Deliverables and Assessments
The following items are evaluated and assessed by instructors as part of consideration to promote you on to Module 3:
- Intermission Pre-Work Submission instructions are included in the pre-work.
- Laugh Tracks, solo project, week 1
- Book Club, paired project, week 2 and 3
- Little Shop, group project, week 4 and 5
- Little Shop Extensions, solo project, week 6
- Write a technical blog post, due by week 6
- ActiveRecord Obstacle Course, due by week 6
- Mid-Mod Evaluation
- Final Coding Assessment
- Final Technical Communication Assessment