Module 2 Portfolio Requirements
1. Fork the Portfolios Repository
You likely already have this on your machine from last module.
If not, you can find it here: Turing’s Portfolios Repository.
2. Create an M2 Portfolio
Use the Module 2 template to create a new portfolio template for yourself. Markdown formatting is already set up for you (although not obvious for copy and pasting purposes).
The file should be saved in the format
dateis the last day of the module in compressed year/month/day, like
nameis your first and last name like
completingis the module that you’re completing, like
So a complete filename might look like
20170831-jeff-casimir-m4.markdown. This file needs to be stored in a directory
your-name is like
your-cohort is your cohort number.
If you were completing Module 4 in Cohort 1610 on August 31, 2017 and your name was Jeff Casimir, your portfolio submission would reside at the following location:
Note: Do not move the file from the templates directory. If you do that and then commit, Git will register it as you deleting the template.
3. Update Your Portfolio
Provide reflections in each section of your portfolio.
Enter self-assessed outcomes in the final section.
- Your portfolio will be evaluated in the last week of the module.
- A pull request with your submission must be made by 8am the day of your portfolio review.
- Non-conforming formats, filenames, or directories will be rejected and your review rescheduled.
- Instructors will review all portfolio submissions before your scheduled portfolio review and merge pull requests.
- During your portfolio review, you will discuss:
- Areas of strength
- Areas in which continued attention is warranted.
- Discrepancies (if any) between self-assessment scores and instructors’ estimation of performance.
- Provisional work, if applicable, to close out expectations for the module.
- Instructors will render a promotion/retained/excused/provisional outcome.
Portfolio evaluations have four possible outcomes.
- PROMOTED - your portfolio demonstrates a successful fulfillment of expectations and you may move on to the next module or graduate
- PROVISIONAL - your portfolio demonstrates a high likelihood that you will be successful in Module 3 with additional preparation. Failure to complete additional work assigned will result in being either be RETAINED or EXCUSED
- RETAINED - your portfolio is lacking in one or more areas and you may either repeat the current module or leave the program
- EXCUSED - your portfolio is lacking in one or more areas and either (a) you’ve now failed to pass the module in two attempts or (b) the reviewers have determined that you will not be successful at Turing